How To Celebrate World Backup Day 2019
by Sean Curiel, on Feb 28, 2019 2:36:29 PM
Sunday, March 31st, is World Backup Day, our annual reminder that if we lose our data on this day, we’ll be the (April) fool tomorrow.
Of course, data loss occurs for millions across the globe throughout the entire year, resulting in embarrassment at best - but often far worse.
What makes today so special?
The options we have available to us in this age have never been so diverse, from affordable hardware and storage to all-inclusive backup solutions (local, cloud, and hybrid). This means that there is really no excuse to not maintain a proper backup of your organization's data. Backup vendors often take advantage of this holiday to announce new products, tools and special pricing to encourage data-protection.
What can you do today?
- The Backup Calculator: Take advantage of this free online tool to analyze your backup requirements (storage, speed, costs).
- View additional data loss prevention tips on our World Backup Day Tips & Tricks website.
- Take a moment to examine your current backup reports. Ensure that you are backing up all necessary data and that backup jobs are completing successfully. Are mobile phones and roaming laptops also secured? The monitoring of backups for a real-time status of your data is critical.
- Don’t have a centrally-monitored backup solution that you are satisfied with? Take a Trial of an all-inclusive backup solution that handles both daily file backup needs, and disaster recovery, both physical and virtual machines.
- Implement the 3-2-1 backup rule according to best practice recommendations. This means keeping at minimum 3 copies of your data, stored on 2 different media formats, and at least 1 backup stored off-site.
- Spread the word about World Backup Day, and share NovaStor’s World backup Day Infographic with a friend or colleague.
Take advantage of this annual reminder to reevaluate and celebrate your ability to recover quickly from data loss. While incidents may range from the loss of a few emails to complete system recovery from a disaster - you don’t have to "go it alone". NovaStor's local backup experts offer assistance to organizations when developing their backup