Latest Release Dates: October 12TH, 2022
The new NovaBACKUP release changes everything about data protection for you and your customers: A significant increase in backup and restore speed to the cloud, enhanced central management, and new features that simplify everyday backups and restores. NovaBACKUP takes a giant step forward, simply and reliably securing data to the storage location of your choice conveniently administered from wherever you are.
New Data Mover Engine
The NEW NovaBACKUP Data Mover Engine is the core of NovaBACKUP. It leverages the latest streaming technologies and compression algorithms to speed up the backup of files and systems to and from the cloud, leading to a backup strategy that allows for near-zero continuous data protection.
- Drastically increase the number of backup jobs to the NovaBACKUP Cloud and increase backup data loads with minimal impact to system resources – an up to 7x backup to cloud speed improvement compared to older versions of NovaBACKUP.
- Lightening fast transfer to and from the cloud helps achieve near-continuous data protection, and with that incredibly short Restore times (RPO and RTO) for minimal disruption to productivity.
NovaBACKUP Central Management is growing up and now enables users to remotely access all the information they require to understand the status of backup data, make any necessary adjustments, and create new backup schedules with ease.
- Monitor the backup status of all connected agents and access important insights – from a high level down to the granular details.
- Create and update backup jobs without the need to be on-site, thus increasing your reach and empowering your own managed backup services.
- Reduce your administrative workload by integrating Central Management functionality into, for example, your own RMM using the now available open RESTful APIs.
Disaster Recovery Images
Local image backups for Disaster Recovery are more efficient than ever and they take up less space. They are now set up in one single step.
Other new feature options like incremental or differential backups to VHD/VHDx make a system images even easier to work with.
The NovaBACKUP Cloud keeps growing with data centers in the USA, Canada, and now Germany. For Managed Service Providers and IT departments that want to centrally manage their local and cloud backups, there's now an option to achieve backup immutability, preventing backups from being hijacked and encrypted, for example, due to a ransomware attack.
By adding an additional S3-compatible device as a cloud destination to our NovaBACKUP PC, Server, and Business Essentials versions, you now have greater flexibility for adding cloud storage to your backup and recovery strategy. Utilizing the new NovaBACKUP Data Mover Engine, backups and restores from S3 devices leverage the same speed improvements.
And There's More!
- Support for SaaS-based applications like Microsoft 365 to protect emails, Teams, SharePoint, and more with optional mailbox backup or archive.
- A new Partner Management Center gives IT providers better visibility into active and even legacy product licenses, adding convenience and functionality to properly manage your customer’s license assets.
- A simple, usage-based pricing model differentiates NovaBACKUP software, while US- and German-based support provides a highly personalized experience unmatched in the industry.
Click here to check out all the changes and fixes.
Interested in cloud storage for your backups?
For Managed Service Providers
that like to offer Backup-as-a-Service using the NovaBACKUP Cloud or Businesses
that want to centrally manage their various PCs and servers and back them up locally and to the NovaBACKUP Cloud, please reach out to our Backup Experts here
NovaBACKUP PC, Server, or Business Essential users select from a total of 100GB, 250GB, 500GB, 1TB, 2TB or 5TB. The amount of cloud storage is attached to your NovaBACKUP license.
Follow these steps to start using NovaBACKUP Cloud:
- Download and install NovaBACKUP by clicking here
Your settings and backup jobs will remain the same.
- Click on Cloud Backup
- Choose the amount of cloud storage you'd like to add, then click on “Add Cloud Storage.”