Current NovaBACKUP Version: 19.6.1118
Latest Release Date: 12/2/20
Our most recent update brings new features to the Central Monitoring Console (CMon), plus improvements and fixes for the NovaBACKUP software.
With this update, customers can add, view, edit and delete network devices remotely on Agents with the CMon.
This is the first step into a much more feature-rich web-based management platform. Our team has also released a number of usability enhancements included in the CMon.
Among the updates in this release, there is a continued focus on increasing NovaBACKUP Cloud’s reliability and back-end performance when targeting NovaBACKUP hosted cloud as a backup destination.
Why are cloud backups paramount for optimal data protection?
- It supports the 3-2-1 Backup Rule, which states: Have 3 copies of your data; stored on 2 different types formats (i.e. tape, disk, cloud, etc.), with 1 kept off-site (cloud for example).
- It’s also easy to access and cost-effective. Shield yourself and your business from ransomware, disasters, hardware crashes, computer theft and accidental deletion by quickly restoring your data at any time.
- Save resources and storage space. Our cloud storage is affordable and scalable.
- Stay compliant with industry regulations like HIPAA, FERPA and GLBA. All data stored in the NovaBACKUP Cloud is encrypted, compressed and hosted in our secure US data center.
Cloud Service Improvements
- Ability to sell cloud services to new and existing perpetual customers.
- Ability to sell cloud services to active NovaCare customers.
- Ability to sell cloud services to expired NovaCare customers.
- Improved cloud purchase and upgrade flow from within the backup client.
- Improved CMon/Cloud account creation flow from within the backup client.
- Improved UI and UX for re-attaching cloud storage devices.
- Improved UI for connecting a cloud storage device.
Cloud Storage Buckets for PCs
Pick 50GB, 100GB, 250GB, 500GB, 1TB or more. The amount of cloud storage is attached to your NovaBACKUP license. If you are using a 5-pack PC license for your family for example, the cloud storage plan can be shared with all users.
FREE: All PC licenses include 5GB and you can add more as you need it.
Cloud Storage Buckets for Servers
Pick from a total of 100GB, 250GB, 500GB, 1TB, 2TB or 5TB. The amount of cloud storage is attached to your NovaBACKUP license.
Follow these steps to start using NovaBACKUP Cloud:
- Download and install NovaBACKUP 19.6 by clicking here
Your settings and backup jobs will remain the same.
- Click on Cloud Backup
- Choose the amount of cloud storage, then click on “Add Cloud Storage”
- NovaBACKUP Cloud (xSP) restore of SQL and Exchange to an alternate location includes all pertinent files like a local restore would.
- NovaBACKUP Cloud (xSP) plug-ins (SQL, VMWare, System State) allow restoration of different versions.
- Ability to restore SQL or Exchange to an alternate location that does not have SQL or Exchange.
- Progress bar displays for building cache files for Exchange and SQL backups, and for Exchange restores.
More Recently Added Features:
- Added support for Windows 10 April 2020 Cumulative Update (version 1909).
- Added support for Microsoft SQL Server 2019.
- Added support for Microsoft Exchange 2019.
- Cloud backup account creation and login flow optimized in CMon.
Click here to check out all the changes and fixes.